VAT Consultant Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||VAT Consultant Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||40000 - 50000|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2018 12:16|
Menzies LLP is actively looking to identify a very talented individual to be our new VAT Consultant at an Assistant Manager level to be based from one of our offices in London or Whiteley in Hampshire. This is a key role within a growing and dynamic firm where you will be reporting to the VAT Director directly. The VAT Assistant Manager role will be to maintain and develop existing client relationships within allocated offices, provide VAT advice to clients, assist staff at the allocated offices on VAT queries and provide a positive contribution to the development of the firm. The objective is for the team to deliver high quality VAT consultancy services across all sectors.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• To assist in the development and expansion of the VAT department.
• To provide a high quality service to clients, partners, managers and staff.
• To develop and maintain contacts with external organisations, businesses etc.
• To assist in promoting the image of the firm to outside contacts.
• To gain positive publicity for the firm in as many areas as possible.
• To assist in staff development and training when required.
• To gain new clients.
• Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Market rate base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Employer contribution pension programme
- Flexible working policy (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- MUst fit with our 'BRIGHT' values.
- Preferably qualified to CTA level.
- If no qualification held, at least 3 to 5 years working in VAT.
- Experience within a professional firm preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including technical written work.
- Confident self-starter.
- Must have good research and analytical skills.
- Must have good awareness of risk management.
- Capable of dealing with a wide range of people and at different levels.
- Excellent time management skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new VAT Assistant Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Advisory Senior Manager - VAT
£55000 - £65000 per annum
West London, London
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£28000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, negotiable
£30000 - £36000 per annum