Trust Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Trust Tax Manager|
|Salary:||50000 - 60000|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2018 10:49|
Menzies LLP is recruiting for a talented individual to be our new Trust Tax Manager based at our Leatherhead office. Reporting to the Trust Senior Manager and Senior Partners across the office, the Trust Manager role will be to provide advisory, compliance and accounting services to clients.
Your primary role will be to manage your client portfolio, delivering high quality accounting and compliance services, as well as to develop the client base of the department. The objective is for the team to deliver a full accounting and compliance function, while also offering a full range of advisory services in conjunction with the rest of the Private Client team.
The successful candidate will be professionally Qualified (CTA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent), a proven people manager and passionate about working with clients as this is vital for the role to be successful. Being STEP qualified would also be a significant benefit. The Trust Manager will be required to provide a high quality service to the Partners including making a positive contribution to the development of the Firm’s Private Client offering. Key to the role is an ability to grow the client base in this area. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, supervise trainees, newly qualified seniors and assistant managers and review their work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Assist colleagues with more complex enquiries.
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities.
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, developing referrer base.
- Contribute to effective team working as part of the management team.
- Coach and train trainees & newly qualified Seniors in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of the client portfolio in line with KPIs.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Current & relevant Trust Accounting and Tax Compliance Experience - ideally within a Mid-Tier Accountancy firm.
- CTA Qualified.
- STEP membership would also be preferred.
- High level of technical advisory expertise, specifically with trust.
- Self starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong alignment to the Menzies BRIGHT values (Ambition, Collaboration, Integrity, Resilience, Imagination and Empathy).
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in Private Client tax planning (ideally within a Mid-Tier accounting practice).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's