Trust Accounts & Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Trust Accounts & Tax Manager|
|Salary:||50000 - 60000|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2018 11:23|
Menzies LLP is recruiting for a talented individual to be our new Trust Accounts & Tax Manager based at our Leatherhead office. Reporting to the Trust Senior Manager and Senior Partners across the office, the Trust Manager role will be to provide advisory, compliance and accounting services to clients.
Your primary role will be to manage your client portfolio, delivering high quality accounting and compliance services, as well as to develop the client base of the department. The objective is for the team to deliver a full accounting and compliance function, while also offering a full range of advisory services in conjunction with the rest of the Private Client team.
The successful candidate will be professionally Qualified (CTA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent), a proven people manager and passionate about working with clients as this is vital for the role to be successful. Being STEP qualified would also be a significant benefit. The Trust Manager will be required to provide a high quality service to the Partners including making a positive contribution to the development of the Firm’s Private Client offering. Key to the role is an ability to grow the client base in this area. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, supervise trainees, newly qualified seniors and assistant managers and review their work.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. Its finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients’ businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Assist colleagues with more complex enquiries.
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities.
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, developing referrer base.
- Contribute to effective team working as part of the management team.
- Coach and train trainees & newly qualified Seniors in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of the client portfolio in line with KPIs.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required.
Come and work for a recognised employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture. We have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Market rate base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Employer contribution pension programme
- Flexible working policy (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Current & relevant Trust Accounting and Tax Compliance Experience - ideally within a Mid-Tier Accountancy firm.
- CTA Qualified.
- STEP membership would also be preferred.
- High level of technical advisory expertise, specifically with trust.
- Self starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong alignment to the Menzies BRIGHT values (Ambition, Collaboration, Integrity, Resilience, Imagination and Empathy).
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in Private Client tax planning (ideally within a Mid-Tier accounting practice).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Trust Accounts & Tax Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Accounts and Tax Manager
40000 - 50000
Trust Accountant - Manager
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
West London, London
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£45000 - £55000 per annum