£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
9 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
To join a leading manufacturing business
Your new company
A leading manufacturing business
- Ensure that daily and month end journals are posted accurately and on a timely manner for all Treasury activities.
- Perform month end controls and produce Treasury balance sheet reconciliations, working closely with Group Reporting and other Finance teams.
- Produce Back Office reporting for group Treasury operations, including the reporting of any breaches of policy or limits.
- Prepare the Group's Financial Items report on a monthly basis, carrying out an in-depth analysis of the FX results and explaining to senior management the key underlying drivers.
- Deputise for the GTC and provide cover for the Treasury Assistant on their absence and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Actively propose and implement new operating processes with the aim of promoting Treasury and accounting best practices to all Back Office processes.
- Undertake project work on relevant areas, working independently or supporting the GTC as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Treasury Front Office team to ensure that all Treasury operations work smoothly.
- Support the Back Office team in SEA as and when required to ensure consistency and efficiency of accounting processes.
- Degree level education or equivalent with an Accounting or Treasury qualification
- Proven experience on financial accounting or treasury operations roles
- Numerate and logical thinker, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Good communication skills, able to explain accounting issues to senior management
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and demanding environment typical of a fast growing business
- Willingness to use initiative in resolving operational issues with determination to achieve results
- Computer literate, good knowledge of Excel, ability to adapt quickly to new systems
- Knowledge of accounting systems (preferably SAP)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.