Technical Manager, SME Business Tax
|Job Title:||Technical Manager, SME Business Tax|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||c£70,000 depending on skills and experience|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2019 09:36|
Overall purpose of the role:
ICAEW is a world leader of the accountancy, finance and tax profession. It is a professional membership organisation and through its Tax Faculty provides insight and technical leadership to shape the development of the tax agenda and the tax profession.
The key responsibility of this role is to manage ICAEW’s technical policy activities in SME business tax and develop high quality practical content for members within an increasingly digital environment.
To manage ICAEW’s technical policy activities in SME business tax and develop high quality practical content for members within an increasingly digital environment.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the SME business tax activities of the Tax Faculty and deliver them effectively and efficiently in line with operational policies of the organisation, encouraging collaborative working with others.
- Take lead responsibility for the projects and activities of assigned business committees, consulting with members on technical and practical issues and preparing representations to Government and other stakeholders, including efficient and smooth running of meetings and timely delivery of assigned projects.
- Create relevant content for our portfolio of member products and services.
- Maintain contact with members and active members through regions, district societies and ICAEW committees including where appropriate other Faculties, Business Committee and Practice Committee.
- Attend/convene meetings/events with key stakeholder bodies to discuss matters of common interest and ensure that in future developments the interests of members and the public interest are properly recognised at the outset.
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant and/or a recognised tax qualification with the confidence and interpersonal skills to deal with senior level representatives from the profession, Government, the revenue authorities and a wider group of stakeholders including internationally.
- A wide and current technical and practical knowledge of business tax matters accompanied with excellent communication skills (both oral/listening & written) and a high standard of presentation and accuracy. As the role will require extensive interaction with stakeholders it will require diplomatic skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- The ability to adopt a flexible approach to the tasks to be completed and a very conscientious attitude towards work. The candidate must be proactive, organised and have the potential to engage confidently with senior professionals and stakeholders in explaining the technical and practical policies and materials.
- The candidate must be a team player willing to help and support the team and uphold the high quality standards of work of the Tax Faculty, working as required within peer review processes and be able to meet deadlines
This role is for a 1 year maternity contract and is full time, but would consdider 4 days a week.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Technical Accounting & Advisory Senior Manager
Isle of Man
Excellent Low Tax Package
Finance Business Analyst
£15.00 - £18 per hour
£50000.00 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Become an ICAEW Professional Level Examiner (Moderator)
City of London
Internal Auditor (12 month FTC)
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£45000.00 - £47000.00 per annum