Technical Manager / Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
|Job Title:||Technical Manager / Senior Manager, Financial Reporting|
|Salary:||£60000 - £74000 per annum + cash allowance|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2018 14:30|
Work in a technical team at this large accounting firm in London. Answer financial reporting queries and deliver financial reporting training on a range of accounting topics.
Large accounting firm in London.
This large firm's Technical Standards Group provides technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting and assurance matters. Predominantly internally focussed, the department's principal client is the firm's audit stream but it also interacts with tax, corporate finance and forensic services teams.
Within this department, the Financial Reporting Advisory team focusses on financial reporting. Its main activities are answering technical queries, accounts reviews and developing and delivering technical training and similar materials.
Most of the FRA team are based in London but a small number work out of regional offices.
- Review the annual reports of listed and other higher profile clients to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries
- Help develop financial reporting tools and guidance for application by the firm's partners and staff
- Prepare and present financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally
- Write articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications
- A good working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102) and the Companies Act with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions
- Practical experience of the review of the annual reports of private and listed companies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience of working within the technical department of a major firm of accountants, although the role would also be suited to an auditor demonstrating a strong technical aptitude looking to move into a technical role
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification, with three or more years PQE
Excellent work / life balance.
Part time / flexible working possible.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Advisory - Manager
City of London, London
£58000 - £60000 per annum
Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Excellent Low Tax Package
Financial Due Diligence - Senior Manager - Big 4
£72000 - £83000 per annum + Cash benefits + discretionary bonus
Regulatory Reporting – Assurance Assistant Manager
External Audit - Assistant Manager, Financial Services- London