Technical Manager (audit, assurance and financial reporting)
|Job Title:||Technical Manager (audit, assurance and financial reporting)|
|Salary:||c£69,000 depending on experience|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2018 16:27|
Overall purpose of the role
To contribute to ICAEW’s technical policy work, prepare guidance and information for members and create ICAEW Thought Leadership.
Work will be primarily in the areas of audit and assurance and there are opportunities to work across the technical department and, depending on interest and experience, to contribute to and influence - at a time of rapid changes in regulation, expectations and technology - the cutting-edge and highly-respected work of both the Audit and Assurance Faculty and the Financial Reporting Faculty, for both UK and international audiences.
Main responsibilities of role
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Develop and communicate persuasive policy positions on key issues and challenges affecting audit and the audit profession, engaging with active members, regulators and other key stakeholders, writing reports and other materials.
- Create new and updated guidance on assurance reports and related risk and liability issues, building on existing relationships with key stakeholders, preparing guidance/co-ordinating the work of other staff in this area, and managing relevant ICAEW committees and working groups.
- Prepare technical information and updates for members, including through events and webinars, articles and social media.
- Work closely within the team and get involved with other projects and activities (including thought leadership, responses to consultation papers, member services) as appropriate.
Reporting lines and specific duties will vary from time to time in line with business needs.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant with strong technical work experience, in particular in relation to audit, and ideally with some interest or experience in current debates over the future of audit.
- A team player, innovative, flexible and enthusiastic.
- Good communication and project management skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Risk and Assurance Business Partner
£36000 - £42000 per annum
Financial Planning Manager
£55000 - £65000 per annum + 15% pension, 40 days annual leave
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
City of London, London
£44785 - £54853 per annum + Great benefits + flexible working
Audit Manager - Non Financial Services
Interim Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
£250 - £300 per day