|Job Title:||Tax Semi-Senior|
|Salary:||£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2019 09:49|
£Competitive package, excellent benefits and continued study support
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That’s why so many of prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend us year after year.
We’re immensely proud of our roots and maintain a family business approach in everything we do. Our valued employees create the best results, regardless of the client size or location. Every member of our team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that cannot be matched by more conventional firms.
We’re expanding, which means we have an excellent opportunity for a Tax Semi Senior or an individual who is ready to make the progression to this level. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Our business is geared towards providing not only Accountancy and Taxation services but a consultancy-based service to support High Net Worth clients, Entrepreneurs and Trusts through the lifecycle of their business. The Tax Semi Senior duties will include:
- Preparing annual tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts and forms P11Ds/PSAs/ATEDs, non-resident landlords
- Obtaining missing information from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Dealing with multi property rental accounts
- Preparing basic capital gains computations
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the supervisor’s approval
- Drafting replies to client or third-party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Assisting in dealing with Enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
As your role develops, we’ll offer you scope to work in other areas, depending upon your progress. We’ll also offer you the opportunity of future progression and development, including full study support towards your qualification.
You will ideally be studying towards your ATT/CTA qualification with sufficient experience of tax seasons within a practice accountancy firm. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential progress into a client facing role. You all also have/be
- Ideally hold a relevant degree
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
- Ideally have worked with CCH, Virtual Cabinet or similar accounting packages
- The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's