Tax Manager (Capital Allowances)
|Job Title:||Tax Manager (Capital Allowances)|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£48000.00 - £53000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Noad|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2018 12:10|
Tax Manager (Capital Allowances) - Big 4 - Birmingham - Paying up to mid-£50k's
Your new company
This global professional services company is seeking a motivated and ambitious capital allowance specialist within their fixed asset tax team. The role has arisen due to continual growth and client demand, and will provide unrivalled opportunity to work in a fast paced Business Tax sector , working on a large and varied client base ranging from multinational listed businesses through start up, entrepreneurial clients from a mix of industries. The role is on a permanent basis and will facilitate working on both clients and other local office clients to allow a wider business network to be developed.
Your new role
The successful individual will be responsible for a wide range of activities as part of the senior team including but not limited to:
- Involvement in fixed asset tax projects and liaising with clients to discuss the tax challenges and potential opportunities.
- Utilising new technologies to assist capital allowance analysis.
- Prepare capital allowance and fixed asset service proposals, high-level feasibility exercises, and review of legal documentation in conjunction with appropriate tax legislation
- Review legal documentation which includes leasehold/contribution agreements, sales/purchases, and clarifying a company's entitlement to a claim for capital allowances as per tax legislation.
- Review, mentor and support junior team members from a technical and developmental perspective.
- Prepare technical updates to clients and wider tax practice.
- Draft and review technical responses to HMRC.
- Maintain working relationships with clients and provision of high levels of client service.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification.
- Strong tax technical skills especially within business tax and capital allowances.
- Good project management skills and the ability to plan and met deadlines.
- Proficient ability to read and interpret tax statute.
- Commercial awareness and client focus to create and maintain strong client relationships.
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills to deal with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coach and develop junior team members.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary (Up to £53,000 depending on experience)
- Comprehensive total rewards package.
- Support and coaching from technically excellent colleagues.
- Freedom and flexibility to build the role around your style, including working arrangements
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's