|Job Title:||Tax Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Freddie Boath|
|Job Published:||July 09, 2018 17:26|
My client, a Global Charity based in Oxford, is looking for a Tax Manager to take ownership of the Corporate Tax function for the UK based Organisation. The role will initially be on a Fixed Term Contract basis of 12 months with a view to go permanent.
My client is a Global Charity based in Oxford with international head office across the world.
The key responsibilities of the Tax Manager will be:
- Contribute to and support senior managers in relation to tax strategy, identifying where tax opportunities may be applied beneficially.
- Investigate, analyse, report and advise trading subsidiary boards/senior staff on tax and related financial issues.
- Production of subsidiary trading financial statements and conversion to iXBRL.
- Preparation and submission of, including review of underlying assumptions, monthly VAT returns, including main VAT return and supplementary EC sales and Intrastat.
- Annual review, recalculation and adjustment, including negotiation with HMRC as necessary, of the approved special method VAT recovery rates.
- Annual preparation and submission of Corporation Tax returns for charity and trading subsidiaries.
- Provide regular updates to senior managers to explain new & existing legislation, including its impact on the organisation; recommend appropriate actions and influence teams to mitigate or reduce the impact through tax planning.
- Line management of 1 Assistant Tax Accountant
Please note that this list is not by any means exhaustive. Please call me for a more detailed specification.
The ideal candidate for the Tax Manager role will be:
- Fully qualified chartered accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent); or equivalent tax qualification with relevant financial experience.
- Evidence of significant financial and/or tax experience in equivalent large and complex organisation.
- Critical information gathering to understand organisational issues in order to provide advice or establish suitable processes.
- Able to Support others to provide advice and guidance in relation to tax and tax issues.
- Highly proficient in IT and Excel.
- Have good communication skills.
My client is offering up to £45,000 + Benefits. They also have a company wide policy of internal development and a keen interest in growing their staff's knowledge, skills and ability.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's