£32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Fixed Term Tax Manager
Your new company
Leading professional services company in Exeter
Your new role
* Preparation of annual self-assessment tax returns, calculation of tax liabilities, dealing with all associated correspondence and oversee the submission of tax returns to HMRC.
* Responsible for the tax compliance required to support our Probate team, including the preparation of all necessary tax returns and computations for the period to the date of death and periods of administration.
* Ensure client and matter records are made and maintained in line with the firm's procedures.
* Compliance with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
* Liaise directly with clients to ensure they remain up-to-date on any changes in tax legislation and the on-going status of their tax returns.
* Maintain regular contact with the client and keep them informed at all times.
* Deal promptly with all client enquiries and correspondence.
* Develop, support and train junior and professional support staff effectively, encouraging them to produce high quality work at all times.
What you'll need to succeed
* CTA and/or AAT qualified, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
* Experience in preparation of tax computations and returns for individuals, partnerships and trusts.
* Good understanding of tax regulations relevant to private clients.
* Experience in training, developing and reviewing the work of junior / trainee staff.
* Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients.
* Experience of electronic tax packages (CCH preferable).
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and benefits package
Onsite Parking and excellent facilities in modern office
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.