Tax Investigations Director
|Job Title:||Tax Investigations Director|
|Salary:||90000 - 120000|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2018 10:54|
Menzies LLP are recruiting for a talented individual to be our new Tax Investigations Director to be based from the London office. This is a senior leadership position with the core purpose of developing the Tax Dispute and Resolution service line within the practice. The new Director will also develop and build the fee base for this service line through referrals and contacts within the firm.
- The role will involve dealing with investigations from the early stage introduction to the settlement. Covering the disclosure reports, assistance with alternative dispute resolution and voluntary disclosures, and provision of tax litigation and tribunal support services, as well as leading the business development of the service line.
- The role will involve providing tax investigation services across the firm, be able to advise on the new Criminal Finance Act and look at internal risks within the practice to ensure clients are well advised.
- Whilst having responsibilities to their specific office, including as a member of the senior leadership team, the role will be expected to lead and assist with the delivery of a Tax Dispute and Resolution service to other offices and partners as required.
- The role will involve business development and marketing covering Tax Dispute and Resolution, as well as the full range of the firm’s services, in order to build their respective office practice and specialism, and will therefore develop working relationships with other service lines.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage client base and introduce clients to wider services available.
- Work as part of the Firm’s senior tax team to develop the Tax Dispute and Resolution team overall offering and capabilities.
- Work with relationship partners and managers to develop client opportunities.
- Work with the local partner team on general office marketing and development activities.
- Promote Tax Dispute and Resolution by providing content for marketing materials, fact sheets, on line forums etc.
- Ensuring that financial and service delivery standards are maintained and enhanced.
- Provide effective communication internally and externally
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Extensive tax dispute resolution experience, ideally within a Mid-Tier UK accountancy practice.
- COP9 and COP8 and experience.
- Great client & commercial skills
- CTA qualified or qualified by experience
- Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrates the BRIGHT values - key role model & leadership behaviour
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Tax Investigations Director then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Tax Investigations Manager/Senior Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
£60000.00 - £80000 per annum
Corporate Tax Director
Mixed Tax Director - Pure Advisory
£75000 - £110000 per annum + Benefits
Tax Director - Partner Designate - No Fee Following
£100000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits