Birmingham, West Midlands
7 days ago
The principle purpose of the role is to manage all activity related to Tax matters for the organisation. You will be a key member in the finance team, reporting direct to the Head of Finance and you will be the link between several internal and relevant external stakeholders ensuring effective and efficient compliance with all taxation requirements.
You must be comfortable working in an evolving environment with a positive hands on attitude. You will have a track record of success in similar. Tax related roles and be someone capable of managing a broad and deep workload.
- Prepare and submit tax returns as required by relevant authorities
- Play a lead role in the day-to-day management of the tax advisor relationship
- Liaise with HMRC and other taxation bodies as appropriate
- Provide advice to the Head of Finance and other managers on strategic tax planning matters, including on the development of new investment products
- Maintain appropriate tax records for the company
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and financial planning process through the provision of timely and accurate advice concerning the anticipated tax position
- Promote the work of the Finance team within the company, including the delivery of financial training and financial advice and support to managers
- Support the Head of Finance in the management of the finance team and to deputise for the Head of Finance as required
The Successful Applicant:
Cultural fit combined with technical competence is critital. The candidate must be technically strong, have intellect and demonstrate breadth of experience and a genuine passion to be an expert when it comes to all matters Tax related.
In addition to being a talented, driven individual the new Tax Accountant will have:
- Qualified Accountant / CCAB qualified
- Strong and relevant experience in tax
- An analytical thinker
- Provide effective team leadership
- Innovative and drive improvements within the finance team
- Ability to communicate complex and highly-technical matters in a way which is
understandable and relevant, verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal, communication and people management skills
For any more information, please contact Sabina Yasmin at email@example.com