£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + excellent package, parking, bonus
15 days ago
ASAP - Handover available
Hays Senior Finance
Capital Accountant vacancy in Chesterfield with a large, well known retail organisation - up to £42,000 + bens
Your new company
Your new company is a well known, retail organisation based in Chesterfield with a market leading reputation in its' field. This company provide a range of goods and services to the public, with services spanning across the UK.
My client is a leading recruiter across Chesterfield with highly competitive remuneration packages including benefits and holiday allowance.
Your new role
My client is seeking a Capital Accountant to join their large finance team, as part of a smaller Capital team.
Within your role, you will have responsibility for the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register on behalf of the business, ensuring the financial accounting for fixed assets adheres to Statutory and Regulatory requirements through the provision of technical accounting advice on capitalization policy.
You will also have responsibility for advising and managing the management team on property vacant and onerous lease accounting in accordance with IFRS and business policy, alongside driving the improvement of processes and creating efficiencies.
- Managing the fixed asset register, ensuring all transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with company policy
- Reconciliation of the Fixed Asset Register to the General Ledger, ensuring appropriate adjustments are made
- Accurate production of management accounting information for Capital and Project items
- Cross functional working with other teams within the organisation including FP&A, Commercial Finance and Property teams
- Timely and efficient monthly close for fixed asset related processes and systems
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations for Capital and Project related GL balances in respect of both balance sheet and profit/loss codes
- Preparation of annual Tax Pack for Fixed Assets related information requests
You will have direct line management responsibility for one member of staff, creating a positive team and employee experience through a focus on performance, Talent, Engagement, collaboration and personal development.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a CCAB or equivalent qualified accounting professional, with:
- Technical IFRS accounting knowledge and statutory reporting expertise, particular in terms of property, plant and equipment and tangible assets
- Highly effective communication skills to senior and junior stakeholders
- Experience of External Audit engagement in the provision of client assistance information and support for interim and annual audits
You will also ideally have SAP or equivalent ERP systems based experience together with reporting of Projects and managing Fixed Assets, as well as having strong Excel skills which are essential alongside Word and Powerpoint.
What you'll get in return
You will be part of a market leading organisation who promote internal promotion and skill development.
Benefits for this position include:
-Free parking nearby
-Flexi-working/working from home available
-26 days annual leave + bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.