£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + Car allowance
21 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
This is a 6-12 month contract for a SSC project lead with OTC experience. Based in West London near Heathrow.
Your new company
A multinational consumer goods company.
Your new role
This position will be responsible for accelerating and maximising the efficiency of the Shared Services Centre providing Order to Cash services across Europe. There are two stages to this project. First, evaluation and documentation of current processes and policies including identification of improvement opportunities. Second, rapid implementation of identified process improvements around transactional processes, from the beginning to end of transactions, as well as optimization of automation for optimal service delivery internally and externally. This position requires project management experience as well as expertise regarding all aspects of the operation of shared services centers including transactional processing. This role will work directly with the shared services leadership in Europe and in the US including customer financial services and commercial teams. The candidate will be expected to rapidly execute the two stages identified above and to be on the ground keeping the implementation on track, rolling up sleeves as necessary, and problem solving for hindrances to execution. The candidate will need to be able to work cross functionally and in conjunction with the current leadership team in order bring value to the overall business case. The candidate will require strong process and operations experience that can be applied to the teams. The ability to provide pragmatic, accelerated solutions is critical.
- In conjunction with current leadership, rapidly evaluate and document current processes and policies including identification of improvement opportunities.
- In conjunction with current leadership, rapidly implement identified process improvements around transactional processes, from the beginning to end of transactions, as well as optimization of automation for optimal service delivery internally and externally. Implement an effective shared services strategy that results in increased efficiency in the shared services organization in Europe.
- Ensure that strategy for efficiency is executed in expected timeline.
- Own deployment efforts for standardization of existing shared service centers processes with effective process management, including knowledge sharing and deployment of best practices.
- Ensure continuous and effective process improvement practices for this integration work. Tracks and reports results of the integration efforts to executive leadership.
- Work with business partners to obtain firm support for changes in processes.
- Lead and manage the shared services model deployment needed to accelerate value and benefits.
- Ensure shared services model drives to a customer-focused delivery while balancing efficient and cost-effective services.
- Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across the enterprise as quickly as possible following significant successes.
- Collaboratively work with all relevant internal stakeholder groups to formulate proactive communications, change management, and educational plans to enhance the understanding and cultivate the awareness of the shared services implementation strategy and process.
- Work closely with a global team to define Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for all delivered services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience setting up or leading a European or global shared services center is required for the role
- Process and data-driven with very strong analytical and execution skills
- Extensive knowledge of all shared services cycles relating to Order-to-Cash (OTC).
- Demonstrated ability of documenting transactional processes to identify and recommend appropriate controls
- Strong project and team management skills to support process integration enabled by a company-wide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Exposure to SAP in a Finance environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial and always thinking proactively about potential improvements
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a key Shared Services Management role.
- Experience in implementation of a Shared Service Center is preferred.
What you'll get in return
£80,000 - 90,000 + Car allowance + bonus + medical + pension + 26 days leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.