£50000 - £60000 per annum + + bonuses of up to 50%
7 days ago
Senior VAT Analyst, In-House Financial Services
£50-60,000 + market-leading bonuses & benefits
- Interested in diversified financial services, trading and capital markets?
- Demonstrable experience in UK VAT legislation and an interest in international jurisdictions?
- Interested to broaden your experience beyond VAT compliance, into system implementations and corporate tax?
Your role: The Senior VAT Analyst, In-House Financial Services
The role's primary responsibility is to assist in the preparation of global indirect tax compliance filings. The successful candidate will become a member of the global tax team and will be based in London, where the company has substantial operations.
- Prepare VAT returns and related VAT compliance filings for the UK, European and Asian operations. Duties will include extracting and reconciling relevant data from financial reporting systems, liaising with colleagues in the tax and finance teams and other parts of the business and preparing draft VAT return calculations
- Preparation of periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) indirect tax financial reporting, forecasting and reconciliations, which involves extracting and analysing data from relevant systems and reports
- Working with external advisors to ensure the accurate and timely submission of non-UK indirect tax returns and related compliance filings
- Ensuring that all indirect tax and some corporate tax filing deadlines are met in compliance with the tax calendar
- Conduct research on UK and non-UK indirect tax related queries
- Assisting with other tax related project work such as implementing VAT process change, maintaining the tax calendar, and other tax related projects as appropriate and subject to capacity
What you will need to succeed: the Senior VAT Analyst, In-House Financial Services
- Professional accounting and tax qualifications preferred (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, CTA)
- Indirect tax compliance experience, preferably in house with a large multi-national corporation or with a professional services firm that serves multinational corporations. Similar corporate tax experience is highly desirable
- Experience using financial reporting systems (e.g. Oracle/Oracle Cloud, Hyperion, Thomson Reuters OneSource, Blackline) and proficiency in Microsoft Excel to extract analyse and reconcile data
- Must have knowledge of UK VAT legislation. Knowledge of other countries' VAT and corporate tax legislation is a bonus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A self-starter that has the ability to take ownership of their work and a practical, hands-on attitude
- Desire and ability to initiate and implement process change
Potentially interested? Next steps:
Simply submit your expression of interest (i.e. CV or LinkedIn profile to frame the conversation) to email@example.com