£55000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
8 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
The Team is responsible for implementing new accounting standards and for maintaining the Group accounting policy manual, but a large proportion of the work involves determining the accounting for significant one-off transactions such as business combinations/M&A and legal entity reorganisations. The Team provides pragmatic and robust accounting advice to senior management, the divisions/businesses and other departments. The Team also delivers technical accounting training and works closely with the reporting and consolidation teams.
Your new role
- Preparation and review of IFRS reporting and technical accounting papers;
- Advise, support and consult stakeholders in relation to technical accounting and policy issues, and provide technical expertise on complex accounting issues;
- Support the Group's reporting processes, including development of the IFRS financial statement proforma and advice on preparing external disclosure notes;
- Liaison with auditors on technical accounting issues;
- Support and communicate the development, setting and maintenance of IFRS financial accounting and reporting policies group-wide, including technical input to the Group accounting policy manual;
- Interpret and implement new IFRS developments/standards, including assisting with the project management and oversight of significant changes in standards impacting the Group;
- Provide internal and ad-hoc training and advice on technical accounting, new developments and standards; and
- Provide technical accounting support to ongoing and new projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA accounting qualification, or overseas equivalent;
- Qualified at the Big 6; and
- Proven technical knowledge of IFRS accounting standards.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.