Senior Teaching Fellow
|Job Title:||Senior Teaching Fellow|
|Salary:||40,792 - 48,677|
|Reference:||Senior Teaching Fellow|
|Contact Name:||Lee Griffin|
|Job Published:||March 07, 2019 11:21|
Do you have the ability to deliver accounting modules in a cross-disciplinary environment? Can your industrial experience provide a competitive edge to our students?
This job would suit either experienced university teachers, or individuals wanting to move into university teaching.
WMG is a global venture and provides innovative solutions to industry, having an international reputation supporting some of the most advanced research, development and education programmes in the world. WMG has been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for long term educational partnerships with industry.
Underpinned by the breadth, depth and quality of its research, WMG offers a wide range of courses at all levels for full-time students and for company-based personnel from companies such as Airbus, BAE Systems, HSE, JLR and Network Rail, resulting in a wide range of delivery to satisfy our broad client base.
Working as part of a small team, you will teach accounting and finance on a Project Management module. Ideally we are seeking a specialist in the financial management area to enhance our team. You will need to hold a professional accounting qualification, and have experience of finance within an industrial environment. Some overseas teaching will also be required on occasion.
In return we will provide a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
To undertake teaching in the field of Accounting and Finance to postgraduate and post-qualification levels. This will include supervision of research students and student projects up to doctoral level. There may be some requirement to teach overseas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To deliver teaching in the field of Accounting and Finance. Teaching activities include lectures, seminars and small group work, including assessment, preparing students for projects, project supervision, marking of presentations and dissertations using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods in order to support the work of the department and develop and enhance its reputation, internally and externally.
2. To supervise research students and student projects up to doctoral level. Set, mark and assess work and examinations and provide timely feedback to students.
3. To contribute to the planning, design, organisation and development of objectives and materials for courses, which includes identifying areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement.
4. To teach overseas at WMG’s teaching centres, as required.
5. To challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
6. To participate in and develop internal and external networks, contribute to student recruitment, secure student placements, facilitate outreach work and contribute to the identification of sources of funding and the process of securing funds for scholarly activities.
7. To undertake any other duties, such as administration, as required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Finance Officer
£18.00 - £22.00 per hour
Risk Consulting Senior Manager/Associate Director
Interim Senior Finance Business Partner
£350.00 - £390.00 per day
Director of Finance and Operations
£90,000 - £95,000 plus benefits
Examination Marking Opportunities for the ICAEW
City of London