Senior Manager Private Client Tax Advisory
|Job Title:||Senior Manager Private Client Tax Advisory|
|Salary:||65000 - 85000|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2018 12:15|
Menzies has embraced a “Brighter Thinking” approach to its interactions with clients. A cornerstone of this approach is providing clients with top quality, timely advice that builds Menzies reputation not only in its existing client base but to the wider business audience.
Reporting to the Private Client Tax Partner and Senior Partners in London the Senior Manager role will be to provide quality advisory services to clients with limited compliance work delivered to the firm’s more important and complex clients.
Your primary role will be to deliver tax planning and advisory services to the owners of owner managed businesses and high net worth individuals. These could possibly include: Non Dom & International clients, Offshore, Inheritance Tax, Trusts and Estate planning which could involve corporate restructuring. The objective is for you to be part of a team that delivers a full consultative, and planning service to individuals including optimising all tax reliefs during lifetime and on death.
The successful candidate will be passionate about developing relationships with clients as this is vital for the role to be successful. The Senior Manager will be ambitious and be required to provide a high quality service to the Partners including making a significant contribution to the development of the Firm’s Tax Advisory offering. Key to the role is an ability to grow the client base in this area. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, instructing and bringing through more junior staff. You will also be expected to undertake business development activities to grow the advisory service line supporting the partners and directors.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Partners with more complex inquiries and ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Review client base and identify additional opportunities.
- Maintain regular communication with all clients and related 3rd parties
- Work in a team with direct responsibility for the mentoring, developing and training of junior managers & trainees
- Business Development including attending and arranging networking events for contacts and clients
- Communicate directly with clients in person or on the phone where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships with them.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Senior Manager grade base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Employer contribution pension programme
- Flexible working policy (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our Menzies 'BRIGHT' values.
- CTA & ACA qualified.
- High level of technical advisory expertise within private client tax.
- Current experience working within a mid-tier or large professional services firm specializing in Private Client Tax.
- Self starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in tax planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Senior Manager - Private Client Tax Advisory or Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Private Client Tax Senior Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£55000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
Private Client Tax Assistant Manager
Excellent Low Tax Package
Assistant Manager - Private Client Tax
£45750.00 - £51510.00 per annum + bens
Corporate Tax Senior Manager - 100% Advisory position
£50000 - £85000 per annum
Advisory Senior Manager - VAT
£55000 - £65000 per annum