10 days ago
This people orientated Big 4 firm is looking to recruit a new Senior Manager to be at the forefront of the successful team.
This firm's Internal Audit and risk practice is an area of the firm with tremendous growth potential as proven by recent significant wins. It provides services relating to Internal Audit and Internal Control. Their services deliver added value to their corporate clients through the use of modern risk management and audit techniques focusing on strategic, management and operational issues as well as financial.
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Manager based in either the Birmingham or Nottingham office. The role will be particularly attractive to those who have experience or knowledge of internal audit within a mid-market and or large corporates environment.
As a Senior Manager there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that they provide including:
- Reviewing and establishing internal audit functions
- Creating audit plans
- Delivery of individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects
- Partnering with clients to supply specialist or additional resource
- Process improvement projects
- Risk identification workshops and control reviews
- Control and risk self-assessment training and delivery
- Sarbanes Oxley advisory services and delivery
- Corporate governance reviews
- Risk management, governance and internal audit advisory services
- Spotting, pursuing and winning opportunities in conjunction with the wider practice
- Retaining management responsibility for a portfolio of clients, relationships with senior client staff for the financial performance of these accounts
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of how emerging legal, regulatory, governance, auditing, accounting & financial reporting standards affect their clients
- Undertaking risk management and client acceptance and continuance procedures
- Keeping up to date with all industry specific issues and circumstances which affect their clients
- Developing audit strategies which address all audit, client service and project management issues, in accordance with the firms internal audit methodology
- Recognising where specialists are required and involves other staff, managing their input
- Reviewing the audit evidence obtained ensuring it is sufficient
- Ensuring work in progress in monitored and controlled and fees are raised promptly
- Able to spot and exploit additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, provides support and coaching to more junior staff and feedback on performance
- Reporting to partners/directors all salient points arising from assignments
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for the firm to work with clients and targets
- Assisting partners in general business development
- It is anticipated that the successful applicant will be qualified ACA, ACCA. CIMA or equivalent, with an appropriate level of Internal Audit and Risk experience gained in the profession and / or industry.
- Whilst they operate across multiple sectors, experience of the Infrastructure, Building or Construction sectors would be significantly beneficial to the duties of the role.
Excellent package and career opportunities are on offer.
Max 30% Midlands based travel.
Agile working on offer.