11 days ago
I am currently partnering with a leading university who are based in Canterbury. They are seeking a talented Senior Management Accountant to join their team.
The university is very well established and has students studying a wide variety of courses offered both on-site and remotely. They have a student base of over 15,000. The finance team are very well established with minimal turnover. There is a very positive culture within finance and staff satisfaction scores are above 90%. The university often look to promote from within so opportunities to progress will present themselves for those that work hard and show the right attitude.
- To support the SMT and budget managers in specific management accounting tasks including production of business cases and budgets.
- Production of monthly Management Accounts.
- Preparation of budgets and quarterly re-forecasts.
- To be an effective strategic finance business partner to the SMT and the wider organisation.
- To work with and develop the Management Accountants and Assistant Management Accountants.
- To provide financial monitoring information to project managers.
- To assist in the production of the year-end financial statements in accordance with the appropriate SORP and financial reporting standards.
To be suitable for the post your profile will be similar to the following:
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to business partner with senior members of staff and external stakeholders.
- Driven and determined with the desire to go the 'extra mile'.
- Engaging, inquisitive and flexible in approach.
- Articulate with the ability to influence others.
- Competitive basic salary
- 25-28 days annual leave
- Market leading pension