Senior FP&A Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior FP&A Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Tim Hand|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2018 16:23|
Our client is a rapidly growing Plc, based in Wiltshire. They are currently looking for a hands-on Senior FP&A Analyst to participate in the progressive development of the business and FP&A Department.
Our client is a fast growing Plc with key, market leading products. The business has experienced significant growth, both organically and through acquisition in recent years and they have invested heavily in their already excellent work culture. Due to the rapid growth they are looking to invest in the commercial finance team and have an opening for a Senior FP&A Analyst.
Reporting into the FP&A Manager, the Senior FP&A Analyst will be responsible for consolidating the financial reporting and forecasts of the company's multiple international businesses and forming the narrative which supports the group's trading and forecast updates.
The Senior FP&A Analyst will form strong relationships with finance teams and senior commercial managers throughout the group. This role is key in maximising the company's use of financial data to understand and drive performance.
- Lead the P&L reporting process of the group's monthly consolidated management accounts, to ensure the provision of accurate, relevant and timely information to the business, including actual and forecast performance.
- Assist the FP&A Manager in the preparation of the monthly reporting packs: updating reports with the latest results and variances; forming supporting commentary; meeting corporate deadlines.
- Review and challenge regional performance vs forecast to provide clarity over drivers of Group performance to the senior management team.
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditure.
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Responsible for the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modelling processes.
- Develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives. Provide high quality ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel model building (pivot tables, lookups, index match, sumifs etc.)
- Experience of handling, manipulating and analysing large amounts of data
- Great relationship building skills; able to develop close and constructive relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills; written & oral
- Intellectual curiosity focused on understanding what is affecting commercial performance
- Ability to analyse multiple financial data sets to provide focused understanding of performance
- Good teamwork skills
- Enthusiasm and an open attitude to an evolving role
- Experience of working in a group finance function and consolidating inputs from multiple teams.
- Experience of financial systems (MS Dynamics AX, Jet Reports, Power BI, Sage, Syspro) will be considered.
- Process improvement experience.
- Team management experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's