19 days ago
Work for a reputable and ambitious charitable organisation.
Work for a reputable and passionate charitable organisation. They are looking for an accountant who shares their passion to make a difference globally and grow ambitiously, who is also able to manage all aspects of financial accounting and ensure a solid financial control environment is in place. You will be in charge of dealing with everything from annual statements, VAT returns, and statutory reporting. You need to be someone who is creative and analytical with excellent customer facing skills.
This Senior Financial Accountant includes the following responsibilities -
- Line manage and provide support, training and development opportunities.
- Responsible for all the financial accounting activities and financial control monitoring.
- Maintain and develop accounts payable and receivable services.
- Produce cash flow reports and forecasts.
- Manage and lead preparation of statutory accounts.
- Manage payroll accounts
- Maintain compliance with HRMC gift aid requirements and prepare VAT returns for the organisation.
- Produce and review annual reports and month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaise with external advisors on tax efficiencies.
- Manage and develop accounting software (Adding users and setting up codes).
- Lead the provision of a system-based accounting service while maintaining the integrity of financial data.
- Lead year-end processes.
- Prepare VAT returns and corporate tax returns.
To be sucessful in this Senior Accountant position you will need to be -
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and SORP 2015.
- Excellent analytical skills to review data effectively.
- Experience of developing complex spreadsheet models for record keeping and reporting financial information with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of handling VAT returns and corporate tax returns.
- Knowledge and experience of leading year-end processes.
- Diligent approach to financial management and control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of audiences.
- Resilient, enthusiastic and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Established customer service skills and ability to be proactive in building working relationships with colleagues.
- Competitive salary based on skills, qualifications and experience.