£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
8 days ago
Senior Financial Accounting role with dynamic, growing, city centre-based SME.
My client are a small-to-medium sized professional services organisation based in Central Bristol, within easy reach of Temple Meads Station.
They are a next generation consultancy, providing A1 service through a network of innovative, expert consultants.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, professional and forward-thinking accountant who is seeking to develop their career in a dynamic team responsible for our Financial Reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the managing of month end, year-end and day to day running of the finance function that encompasses legal entities over a global network of offices.
Helping the team with development of the processes, systems and standards required to support the business moving forward, you will act as a mentor and line manager to several junior members of staff.
- Assisting in the preparation of all monthly Financial Reports (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Assistance in year-end statutory accounts and liaising with external auditors
- Line management and development of junior members of staff, including ongoing training
- Assistance with ongoing corporate restructure programs
- System development assistance with Projects Manager to integrate external software into existing framework
- Reconciliation of Fixed Assets (both intangible and tangible)
- Reconciliation and clearance of inter-company balances (historic and live)
- Compilation and review of VAT returns
- Analysis / Ad hoc Projects / Systems Implementation
- Ad hoc financial reporting and management information support to the rest of the business
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Month End / Year End Preparation experience
- Leadership/managerial experience
- Independent and proactive approach
- High attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, overseas experience ideal
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to look at the "wider" picture to seek further improvements in roles
- Great Plains (Finance System) - Desired
This role will pay a very good salary of up to £50k dependent on experience