£85000.00 - £95000.00 per annum
11 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
A rare and brilliant opportunity to join a leading business in the area.
Your new company
A leading manufacturer in the area
Your new role
The programme is evolving and expanding rapidly and this role provides an opportunity to be involved at the early stages; building, developing and changing the way things are done as we strive to do things differently and better, solving problems and aiming to make people's lives easier. Your role will be strategically important with interaction with senior stakeholders as you operate as deputy to the Head of Finance for Automotive. You will instil your existing experience to support the new product development process, commercial outlook for the category and act as an integral part of shaping how Automotive runs. An integral element of a successful operation is effective development and implementation of a right-sized IT architecture, and you will act as the key Finance lead to understand how we use processes to build an effective solution. The role will be a mix of the technical and commercial aspects of finance, combining strong financial control with astute strategic management. The programme is subject to regular reviews by James and executive leadership and the work you do will be instrumental in supporting the decision making process. Your key responsibilities include:
- To operate as the deputy Head of Finance
- Lead the IT Architecture development for Finance and run the Automotive Programme Steering Committee
- You'll be expected to engage with all Heads-of functions and talk confidently with a high level of gravitas when presenting to stakeholders at all levels
- To work with commercial teams in Automotive to develop the route to market and market equation proposition including all customer contact and loyalty instruments
- To work with the cost and investment team and global treasury to understand and quantify currency and material exposure and develop actions to mitigate potential future risk
- To work with Head of Finance to maintain the Automotive Risk Dashboard and to work with all functions to develop mitigating actions required at each milestone
- Support financial milestone and annual reporting reviews with corporate finance, global treasury and operations teams
- Refine and create financially robust processes to suit Automotive, which may differ from existing processes
- Understand the affordable business structure of the program to quickly inform the impact of changes to the team and be able to demonstrate the significance of this cross functionally and enable teams to quickly quantify the impact of an action on the program.
- Proactively build and maintain key relationships with internal and external customers
- Automotive experience is preferred with an product or manufacturing arena
- Experience operating at a senior management level with frequent cross functional and leadership involvement and influence
- Experience with automotive product development programme management is preferred
- Experience working with commercial teams to successfully take the product to market
- International mobility is helpful and a willingness to travel to Asia occasionally is required
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA), and/or MBA is preferred
You'll need to be ready to learn, comfortable with change and demonstrate a willingness to embrace challenge and move it to the next level
What you'll need to succeed
Be a qualified accountant
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.