£40000 - £45000 per annum
Goodman Masson Ltd
10 days ago
Goodman Masson are working with a large charity to recruit a qualified Finance Analyst for their retail team.
This is a fantastic company to work for which offers excellent training, development and progression opportunities as well as a well-known brand-name to add to your CV. We are looking for ambitious, commercial individuals who want to progress their analytical skills in a challenging and rewarding role.
Working closely with the Heads of Department across retail you will be responsible for providing financial support, insight, analysis and commentary to enable informed decision making on business performance. You will be analysing performance using cost data and building business models to enhance management information and presenting findings to SMT with recommendations. You will also oversee project reporting including the development and analysis of KPIs.
Core responsibilities include:
- Leading on preparation and execution of 5 year strategic plans including forecasting, budgeting and strategy development
- Regularly presenting analysis and reports to Heads and Director, using market insight to make recommendations and provide an appropriate level of challenge on performance
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process to ensure plans are in line with departmental strategies and targets are set in an ambitious and realistic way
- Lead in strategic decision making through business modelling which will include:
- Business cases for new activity
- 5 year plans
- Product cost analysis
- Qualified accountant (or finalist very near to qualifying)
- Very strong analytical skills with good excel modelling
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to provide effective commentary and challenge to senior managers
This role is well suited to someone who is newly qualified or close to qualifying in the next 6 months as this role will provide training for someone to develop into. We are also ideally looking for someone who has worked in a retail department before but candidates from all industry backgrounds are welcome to apply.