£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Car/allowance
7 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Senior Commercial Finance Manager - Up to £65k + £6k Car/Allowance
Your new company
A dominant force in their sector, this company is large and highly successful, and can offer significant career progression opportunities for candidates with the right mix of operational experience and leadership capability.
Your new role
Your new role will lead the execution and delivery of all financial analysis, forecasting and reporting activities within a specified region or division. The role will be a key member of the team, working closely with the Regional Director, ensuring that commercial / operational and financial targets are achieved in order to deliver the overall Budget and strategic plans. Engaging with and influencing senior managers to achieve strong financial assurance, drive appropriate project financial decisions and challenge overall performance to improve results.
Your role will include:
- This is a senior role reporting into the Head of Finance & Commercial - Home & Ecomm (HFC)
- Day to day financial control for a high profile business
- Financial reporting to support the HFC with sector reporting including monthly reporting and budget consolidation
- Working closely with the HFC and BU Director, you will drive contribution through savings against flex budget, operational performance and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop strong relationships with the customers - both operationally and within the finance function.
- Complete new business bids assessing the balance of risk and reward in each opportunity
- Support contractual negotiations for renewals and new business
- Work alongside non-financial managers to develop strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the budget and flex mechanisms.
- Develop budget and flex mechanisms to drive performance and an enhanced understanding of the operation cost drivers.
- Lead, develop and motivate the finance teams
- Embed meaningful management information reporting.
- Ensure customer and company weekly and period reporting is on time and is accurate
- Reporting and monitoring of key performance indicators
- Ensure financial controls are in place and are adhered to including robust balance sheet control
- Work in partnership with the HR team to ensure robust payroll processes and reporting mechanisms are in place.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need you will ideally have experience in a similar role in a Commercial role. You will have a high level of initiative, ability to work independently or part of a team with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You must have previous experience in the transport/logistics sector, with additional skills of team management, monthly/KPI reporting, budgetary, commercial and strategic experience in respect of contracts and commercial models, identification and implementation of key changes.
Furthermore you ideally will be;
- A Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Demonstrate drive, energy and a commitment to the continuous improvement of overall contract performance.
- Be proactive, inquisitive with a passion for challenging teams to drive performance.
- Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards.
- Must be flexible and respond positively and accurately to internal and external customer requests.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Have excellent PC skills and be able to understand and harness IT and systems to benefit the operation.
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience
- Able to travel across the 2 sites as required
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a desirable salary of up to £65,000 + £6,000 + BONUS and other benefits and the chance to further your career with a reputable and growing organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.