£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
15 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Senior Audit Manager - Cardiff - Big 4 firm
An excellent opportunity has come up as Senior Audit Manager in a Big 4 firm in Cardiff. Exciting client base and fast track to Partner level for the right person.
You will be required to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients as well as provide assistance to the Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the wider firm.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients businesses.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- Ensure assignments are staffed with the appropriate mix of knowledge and skills required.
- Ensure that the firms risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
- Support Partners and Senior Managers in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
- Will work as part of management team with other Audit Managers within the business group (e.g. resource planning, merit rate meetings and efficiency gains)
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
- Act as a role model for trainees and executives.
- ACA/ICAS/ACCA qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast growing and exciting sector
- Experience of managing audit teams.
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures
- Project Management experience
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible benefits package
- Strong progression
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Peter Gillet for a confidential discussion on your career on 01792642042.