to £45,000 plus great benefits
21 days ago
Exciting career opening for a Qualified ACA Accountant to join a growing independent practice. The role is to manage a portfolio of clients for a key Surrey based subsidiary of a dynamic, multiple award-winning accountancy practice. Ideally suited for a seasoned account/client manager with strong relationship management skills and practice experience across all accounting functions.
The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for period end and ongoing work to be carried out by our back office using our bespoke integrated software in the cloud. He/she will work alongside an Office Manager and support staff and will report directly to the Group Managing Partner.
Many clients are successful small businesses and contractors, so as well as being responsible for their day to day client management and the compliance work, he/she will contribute to the growth and development of the practice, especially through gaining referrals.
- Creating and maintaining strong client relationships
- Finalising and reviewing Year-end Accounts and Corp Tax, Personal Tax and VAT returns
- Highlighting Tax Planning opportunities to clients - training to be given
- Ongoing client support as the senior office accountant, dealing with more complex client queries and issues
- Holding meetings with clients as part of ‘1-4’ above
- Identifying and turning around unprofitable situations to improve margins
- Making introductions for Value Added Services
- Applying knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering rules
- Maintaining good knowledge of latest legislation
- Qualified Accountant with over 4 years’ experience including accounts finalisation
- Managerial experience and leadership skills
- Ability to handle portfolio of over 100 clients
- Experience of building client relationships
- The ability to provide clients with clear advice and assistance on their accounting issues and as general support to their business
- Good knowledge of corporate and personal taxation
- Ability to get the work done by liaising with others
- Ability to work speedily and reliably under pressure, handling multiple tasks
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Target Driven
The salary guide of up to £45,000 has been set by Fletcher George and depends on relevant experience. The role is based south of Guildford, close to the A3. Commutable from Farnham, Haslemere, Guildford, Horsham and surrounding areas.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.