City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
8 days ago
Senior Accountant (progress to Financial Controller) - Real Estate - London. Our Client, an established and renowned property owner and investor, are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team to be responsible for reporting on certain JV's managing various entities from Property Development/Investments to lending finance for development projects.
This role then has the potential to develop into a Financial Controller level role due to the growth of the business
- Preparing management accounts for various JV entities on a quarterly basis within timescales agreed.
- Preparing statutory accounts (including tax computations) for certain UK companies, LLPs and partnerships.
- Preparing JV Consolidated information to be included in the half year reporting to Board and liaising with Group Accounts team as necessary.
- Maintaining control of interest receivable by ensuring that all interest is correctly calculated and received.
- Monitoring development loans drawdown against facility.
- Monitoring external bank loans ensuring compliant with the relevant covenants and conditions.
- Reviewing of monitoring agents report to highlight any issues on development.
- Reviewing of valuation reports to highlight any issues.
- Reviewing of all loan arrears e.g. facility expiry, monthly repayments, extension fees.
- Ensuring processing of raw data for allocated companies is timely and efficient by liaising with team.
- Assisting with the improvement and implementation of new processes.
- Reviewing Audit files, workings and statutory accounts prepared by team.
- Preparing VAT/CIS Returns.
- Assisting with preparation of management information as required.
- To assist with the accounting integration of any new entities acquired.
- Liaising with auditors and team members.
- Ad Hoc Projects assisting the Finance Director in dealing with transactions. (acquisition/disposal or due diligence analysis)
The Person: To apply, you MUST be a qualified accountant (preferable ACA/ICAEW) with at least 5 years post qualified experience as well as experience in real estate finance/development. The successful candidate must be able to think commercially/strategically and suggest improvements and to identify opportunities for improving the overall efficiency. You should also be proficient in various tax matters specific to Real Estate (VAT/CIS/Corporate Tax/SDLT).
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook