Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £55000 per annum
12 days ago
A key position within the Financial Control function, ensuring the production of accurate financial results within tight deadlines.
The role holder will demonstrate strong commercial understanding and excellent business knowledge, providing analysis of financial performance and commentary on trends and variances to budget
An award winning, innovative FinTech business based in Manchester city centre who predict high growth over the next couple of years
- Prepare the monthly financial results packs for reporting to the Executive Team and Board of Directors. Provide analysis and commercial understanding of results, with commentary on trends variances to budget. Ownership and resolution of any queries on financial results as and when they arise.
- Deputise for the Group Financial Controller in presenting monthly results to the Executive Team and senior leaders as required.
- Ownership of key aspects of the financial accounts, including provisions and other critical accounting estimates and judgements. Prepare monthly calculations and post transactions to the General Ledger system.
- Production of annual financial statements for the UK consolidated group and subsidiary companies, ensuring compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and the Companies Act.
- Support the annual audit process, liaising with auditors and colleagues to ensure the audit is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ownership of relationship between operational sub-ledger and general ledger, ensuring the accuracy of transactions and balances feeding into general ledger and financial accounts.
- Own the monthly calculation of tax and VAT provisions. Assist in the production of VAT returns and corporation tax returns, in liaison with colleagues and external advisors.
- Oversight and review of transactions and reconciliations prepared by junior team members.
- Preparation and coordination of monthly review files within prescribed deadlines, ensuring all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled and documented.
- Proactively implement process improvements and enhance financial controls.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum of two years post-qualification experience, ideally within a financial reporting function in a financial services organisation.
- Proven ability to produce management / financial accounts to a high standard within tight reporting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to communicate / present with insight and clarity to senior finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Proven ability to drive change and improve processes and controls.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. Able to manage and positively deal with high levels of change within the business - working with resilience and managing uncertainty.
- Strong technical accounting skills, with experience in preparing statutory accounts and the audit process.
- Know the regulatory requirements of the business and associated risks that require management.
- Experience and competency in Corporation Tax and VAT preferable.
- Highly competent in using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to understand, develop and manage financial general ledger and reporting packages.
- Ability to demonstrate financial technical competency and your continuous professional development.
- Excellent internal progression opportunities
- Excellent salary and benefits package