£56000 - £62000 per annum
17 days ago
Michael Page Finance are pleased to be partnering with a Public Sector organisation in Bristol to appoint a Risk and Insurance Manager in to their finance team.
Our client is a large Public Sector organisation.
The Risk and Insurance Manager will provide professional leadership and management of the organisations insurance and risk management function and to lead on all risk management and insurance related matters, to ensure the development of embedded risk management processes throughout the organisation.
- Plan and organise the work of the risk management and insurance section to provide the organisation, key partners and external customers with an excellent customer focused service that complies with best professional practice and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain an effective framework for managing the organisation's risks and to promote, support and co-ordinate its implementation at elected member and officer level in order to ensure that sound risk management practice is accepted as an integral part of the organisation's business planning, budget setting and performance management processes, and is part of every manager's role.
- Ensure that the organisation's risk management and insurance strategies support the policies, aims and objectives.
- Ensure that the identification and management of business risk is embedded into the organisation's cultures and practices, contribute to the organisation's performance management framework, and support continuous improvement in service delivery and achievement of corporate objectives.
- Conduct regular reviews of policy and compliance to agreed standards and protocols, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Ensure alignment of risk management, health and safety and business continuity processes across the organisation.
- Provide advice, information and training to members and senior officers (including project and partnership boards) on the identification and management of risks, to build risk awareness and provide input into the organisation's corporate governance processes.
- Line management of a team of 3.
- Certified Member of the Institute of Risk Management is essential and ACII qualified (Chartered Insurance Institute) desirable.
- Track record in securing efficient and effective delivery of Services (Value for Money).
- Extensive Local Government Risk and insurance experience. (Desirable)
- Able to demonstrate option appraisal and risk assessment skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of service delivery within Local Government.
- Experience of managing and developing services to improve outcomes for citizens and customers.
- Ability to effectively plan and deliver complex projects and programmes.
- Ability to lead and manage, inspiring and motivating people across a whole service.
- Ability to manage performance effectively and to hold all team members to account.
- Ability to plan and manage all finance and budgets to meet performance targets.
- Ability to actively contribute to innovation and to take analytical approaches to solving complex and challenging problems.
- Experience of using digital technology to deliver and improve services.
- Experience of working in complex and diverse organisations.
- Ability to cope well with and overcome ambiguity through use of effective change management approaches.
- Ability to work effectively and credibly with diverse and complex stakeholders.
- Highly-developed advocacy, negotiation and presentation skills.
By joining the organisation as Risk and Insurance Manager, you will receive the following:
- Basic salary of £56-62,000
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays and the ability to accrue 24 more days.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.