Rio Tinto Client Co-ordinator
|Job Title:||Rio Tinto Client Co-ordinator|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2018 09:47|
The Rio audit will be one of the largest in the UK and the transition will involve a number of different teams form various locations worldwide. The team is incredibly varied and there are multiple workstreams to the overall audit of Rio. For the transition period, the key members of the audit team are:
- Stephen Oxley – Global Lead Partner
- James Dent – Group Engagement Partner
- Lourens De Villiers – Audit Technology and Innovation Partner
- Heidi Broom-Hirst – Lead Director
- Andy Royle – Group Senior Manager
Establishing relationships with each of the above will be a critical part of the role and we will ensure a single point of contact has day-to-day responsibility for catch ups and action list and performance management.
Roles and responsibilities:
The main aspect of the role is to support the delivery of the highest quality service for our client through strong project management of continuous work streams and of the audit process. Some key areas of responsibility are listed below:
- Form and pro-actively maintain relationships with key client contacts, in particular the finance team. Proactively contact key contacts to maintain high level of service delivery, acting as the face of KPMG.
- Mapping of all key contacts for the KPMG leadership team to Rio personnel and oversight of opportunities to develop/share relationships (e.g. client entertainment).
- Manage the staff to ensure that they have the supplies, IT, network access, etc. that they require for off-site work across locations.
- Remain visible and available across all grades of team members. Proactively engage with them to understand their progress on actions and how to help them as required.
- Be an instigator to maintain a high morale.
- Manage the UK-FM Rio Tinto inbox. Ensure the communications to and from the global team are appropriately handled, and build relationships with the key overseas contacts to enable smooth communication and follow up.
- Track group reporting submissions and ad hoc question responses.
- Maintain contacts and email distribution lists for global audit contacts, including function specialists.
- Write and develop the quarterly team newsletter.
- Complete management of all processes in SAP – codes set up (including client and engagement acceptance process, both for the group and UK companies).
- Working with the engagement team - raising fees and dealing with inter-office debit/credit notes.
- Continuous monitoring of time and costs – assistance with initial budget preparation, tracking actual time and costs to budget and reporting to the management team. Liaise with managers to ensure budget reflects staffing.
- Liaise with the client service team and global KPMG teams as required (at least quarterly) to track audit and non-audit fees.
- Liaison with Global Lead Partner and functional leads to prepare account plan.
- Submit client level budget for the department
- Assist in preparation of blue sky management reporting.
- All of the above to be delivered with effective liaison and communication with key stakeholders.
- Familiarity over the process for the various types of request in order to provide support to the audit team in responding to Sentinel requests during busy periods.
- Prepare independence slides for audit committee meetings pre-read package in conjunction with the manager who owns Sentinel.
- Organise core team meetings and assist with agenda and actions.
- Own the UK-FM Rio Tinto calendar, and organise key management meetings
- Initiate team building events
- Coordinate internal and client events as required, including audit post sign off celebrations.
- Help audit team to prepare, send and chase bank confirmations and other third party confirmations
- Other ad hoc tasks
- Be contact point for team to coordinate necessary secretarial duties, but do not necessarily do. Be aware of how to do for the purposes of understanding the team’s needs.
- Organise room bookings for on-site work and ensure connectivity and entrances arranged.
- Assist team during audit busy periods, be proactive in helping with tasks such as scanning, photocopying, printing etc.
- Involvement in the formatting and preparation of all reports that go to the Audit Committee (AC) and other Boards / Committees as necessary.
- Keep up to date on key meeting dates and pre-read deadlines and project manage the planning of key deliverables to ensure timely submission of reports.
- Liaise with CREATE to design innovative reports, bring new ideas to the table.
- Provide management with new ideas on how to make an impact within the Rio business.
- Collaborate with other client coordinators to share and implement best practice.
- Design and produce client contact cards on an annual basis.
- Other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
Qualifications and Skills:
Overall, the candidate should be very personable and able to deal with large teams, comfortable with current technology and quick to learn.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software including Outlook, Word &, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of KPMG software such as SAP, MRM, CRM, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of how to make things happen with the firm – i.e. a good understanding of KPMG processes and a good internal network.
- Creative, fun and innovative.
- Strong coaching and delegation skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours/ job content.
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to work well without supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Teamwork - supportive of leaders and co-operative with others.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communicator - persuasive and diplomatic.
- Ability to network successfully with the client and team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage heavy workload, prioritising tasks and managing conflicts.
- Commitment to repetitive work.
- Resilient, robust and unflappable character.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£28000 - £37000 per annum
£35000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits & Negotiable
£33000 - £43000 per annum + Benefits
£32000 - £38000 per annum
Client Manager / Senior Client Manager
£36000 - £48000 per annum