15 days ago
We are looking for experienced Assistant Managers to join our London based team of regulatory reporting assurance specialists.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of banks and investment firms, providing assurance and advice in relation to the complex UK and European wide prudential regulatory reporting requirements.
KPMG has a proven track record of helping clients in this area, and we have significant growth plans given the opportunities arising from continued regulatory scrutiny and increasing regulatory change.
Our team members possess a variety of core assurance and advisory skills and have considerable industry knowledge and specialist expertise of the financial services regulatory environment.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of business development, client targeting and delivery and will have an opportunity for executive level client interaction and exposure to a wide range of FCA and PRA regulated clients. Core elements of the role include:
- Providing clients with assurance and advisory services over prudential regulatory reporting and associated governance and control frameworks
- Providing technical advice to clients on the application of capital and liquidity regulatory reporting requirements under CRDIV/CRR and the PRA / FCA handbooks
- Delivering Section 166 reviews and reporting to the FCA / PRA as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team
- Assisting with advisory projects relating to regulatory reporting and other regulatory projects, as required
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues across KPMG building strong internal and external networks
- Keeping up to date with industry specific issues and developments, developing thought leadership and market insights in relation to evolving prudential regulations
- Supporting business development activities including building and taking new opportunities to market and supporting delivery of client proposals
- Assisting and participating in regulatory presentations, client forums and training initiatives
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience in providing audit and assurance services and/or in prudential regulatory reporting (e.g. Basel III, Capital / Liquidity reporting and CRDIV/CRR)
- Strong understanding of business structures, governance frameworks and process and control arrangements of firms in the Banking and/or Investment Management sectors
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills including decision-making, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- A desire to work in a diverse team environment with a collaborative attitude and an enthusiasm for coaching and developing others
Qualifications and Skills:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A professional qualification is preferred
- A strong knowledge of prudential regulatory reporting and/or experience in audit, assurance or regulatory project delivery
- The ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse facts, consult and deliver regulatory services to clients
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate well with stakeholders (internal and external) in writing and verbally
- Understanding of regulatory developments and key current issues facing clients
- Experience in working with teams and the ability to work independently