City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum
20 days ago
Real Estate Tax Accountant. Our Client is a pan-European property developer and investor with assets and development in main cities across Europe. As they continue to grow their London office they are looking to fill a newly created position of a Real Estate Tax Accountant.
The Role will be reporting into the Tax Manager and the duties will include:
- Supporting the tax manager in managing income tax responsibilities primarily in the UK but also across Europe.
- Offering tax support during the transaction process (e.g. investment, divestment, business restructuring etc.)
- Cooperating with and coordinating external service providers relating to tax matters and audit.
- Offering tax support to the accounting department, legal department, acquisition department, leasing and asset management department.
- Ensuring tax compliance.
- Identifying tax risks.
- Setting-up and implementing of new tax-related procedures and guidelines.
The Person MUST have a Finance and/or tax related background, with at least 1-2 years of relevant work experience in Tax Advisory within an international tax/legal advisory firm or a real estate investment or development firm. Thorough understanding of international tax law and treaty tax law is crucial for this role, as well as practical knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP/IFRS). The successful candidate will be open to working within other areas of the business and will demonstrate an assertive and results driven nature, as well as a good sense of judgment. Strong experience and knowledge of the real estate sector is essential and a relevant tax qualification will be advantageous. This is a very good opportunity to work for a growing and dynamic firm.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook