£35000 - £40000 per annum + (pro rata) + completion bonus
12 days ago
Real Estate Accountant - 9 month contract. Our Client is a private property investment company who are actively investing in real estate across UK and Europe. They are a commercial, dynamic investment boutique who are now looking for a Real Estate Accountant to join them for 9 months to complete a project.
The Role will be working very closely with two members of the senior management team to assist them with preparation of liquidation accounts for a group of international entities (UK, French, Luxembourg). The project is fast moving and expected to be completed ASAP. The duties will be as below:
- Preparing the liquidation accounts under GAAP.
- Reviewing historically prepared accounting records by external accountant and liaison to clarify any nominal details (classification, nature and movements).
- Transfer of opening balances into the in-house accounting software.
- Ongoing reconciliation/ investigation of any balances/ transaction under question.
- Updating accounting records up to the final liquidation date - bank statements, supplier invoices, loan interest calculations, reconciliation of debtor/creditor balances, reconciliation of tax balances with tax statements, reconciliation of intercompany balances and elimination of the above, posting equity transactions, preparation of supplier invoice pay runs.
- Passing interim accounts to the liquidator and the auditor.
- Liaising with the liquidator and the auditor on the accounts' maintenance and provision of supportive documents.
- Actioning and reading accounting documents - including loan agreements, legal and corporate documents, and applying correct accounting treatment.
The Person will have 5+ years accountancy experience and be a part qualified accountant (ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA). The incumbent will be technically strong on accounts preparation to ETB / balance sheet level and have an awareness of intercompany transactions and reconciliations. Experience / exposure to international companies and multi-currency transactions is also a must. This is best suited to someone who is hands-on, detailed orientated with a 'can-do' attitude and the willingness and ability to understand complex structures / supportive documents. It will be highly advantageous if someone has experience of French or Lux GAAP along with French language skills. This contract will offer pro-active support and on-the-job training by the senior management as well as a great incentive (bonus) if completed on time.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook