£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Benefits
7 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Audit senior ACA ACCA with Top 10 accountancy firm in Southampton
Your new firm
You will be working for a Top 10 Firm in Southampton.
The Southampton office specialises in providing tax and audit services to businesses, as well as corporate finance and restructuring & recovery. They also provide services to professional practices, business owners and private clients, including personal tax, trust and financial planning advice.
Their teams are Partner led and coordinated across disciplines allowing the firm to provide clients with a professional service and all round advice.
Your new role
You will be working within the Assurance & Business Services team that provides a range of services including external audit, finance due diligence, valuations, and payroll services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and startups to substantial international groups.
The client portfolio includes businesses from a variety of different industry sectors, across both private and AIM listed companies.
- Assisting with the planning of audits and accounting assignments.
- Performing work in accordance with firm's audit and assignment procedures.
- Ensuring all areas of the work are completed with any exceptions to this being agreed with the manager.
- Preparing draft accounts/report and completion memo (including identification of control weaknesses or areas of improvement) for review by manager.
- Understanding and appreciating key commercial aspects of the clients business
- Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
- Establishing relationships with key contacts at the client.
- Assisting and performing training of junior staff.
- Planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing the work of junior staff.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with demonstrable audit and accounts experience gained within a professional services firm.
You will have strong communication skills, both internally and directly with clients and ideally have experience of supervising others and delegation of work. The ability to organise yourself and others, such that you can work on several different assignments at one time.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary and an array of benefits that can be tailored to your individual requirements. Standard benefits include 23 days' annual leave (excluding bank holidays); Life Assurance - 4 x insured benefit (3 year average of earnings); Private Medical Insurance; PHI at 75% of salary less state benefits; Interest Free Season Ticket Loan; 8% employer pension contribution (employee pays 3%).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.