6 days ago
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career. We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish
This Internal Audit Assistant Manager role in our Public Sector Audit team offers you the opportunity to undertake internal audit assignments on our NHS and local government clients across Scotland, alongside a wide range of other opportunities and work experiences.
Our 40% market share of the local government market, combined with our increased NHS market share, makes us the largest provider of public sector external audit services. As a result we are actively developing our public sector internal audit offering, which has been identified as a key growth area for this market leading team.
What you'll be doing:
- you'll be managing a portfolio of large and complex clients and managing a team of Associates and Executives to ensure that work is delivered to a high standard
- you'll work as part of the team, leading on internal audit projects, effectively providing a hands on compliance and/or advisory role that exceeds client expectations
- you'll prepare audit planning briefs, deliver quality internal audit projects and agree audit reports with clients
- you'll oversee all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion
- you will be a key contact for your clients
Who we're looking for:
- you'll be professionally qualified (IIA or equivalent) (minimum criteria)
- you'll have experience of working on complex internal audit assignments
- you'll be comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages
- you'll ideally have previous experience of auditing public sector clients
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.