Project Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Project Finance Manager|
|Contact Name:||Mandy Baines|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2018 18:58|
Your new company
Leading international commercial group with offices in Ipswich, Suffolk.
Your new role
As Project Finance Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management and development of the Finance Project Team.
Responsibilities will include - Project Accounting
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Develop and manage revenue recognition models and incorporate IFRS 15 requirements
- Develop and manage project profitability and WIP monitoring models for the projects
- Develop Project Management Reporting to ensure projects can be managed efficiently
- Control project ledger within main accounting software, ensuring accurate accounting records reflect asset costs, income and values
- Report on Profit and Loss, monitoring profitability and investigating/analysing variances
- Management Reporting & Analysis
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of results to management, and other key stakeholders
- Provide insight to budget and forecast variances via regular Management Report schedules
- Partner with key stakeholder to drive understanding of project financials and development of project out-turn analysis
- Establish check points within the investment process from quote to completion for assessing and high level reporting of financial risk surrounding:
- Job quotation and budget creation
- Work in progress variation requirements
- Construction overspends
- Developer Contribution recovery
- Funding requirements
- Job completion assessment including profit taking
Month End Process
- Oversee the calculation and processing of asset transfers
- Oversee the calculation and processing absorption journals
- Oversee the processing of capital accruals
- Oversee the processing of developer contributions (UK & IFRS)
- Oversee month end reconciliations, including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations for relevant companies (most significantly WIP), including reconciliation of WIP Ledger to project ledger
- Oversee the preparation of monthly reporting schedule, including but not limited to Additions, Absorption, and Capital Commitments
- Oversee all other month end process in relation to WIP, capital expenditure, revenue recognition and depreciation.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly/monthly statistics.
- Investigation of significant variances and commentary for all month end activity, including all aforementioned processes
- Produce analysis for senior management reporting
Systems and Process Development
- Continually review and ensure efficacy of business and financial processes, implementing improvements where identified
- Ensure that synergies from the integration of Financial IS applications and business processes are fully realised
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant; ACA, ACCA or CIMA , technically strong with broad financial and management reporting experience and looking to develop and progress within a fast moving and dynamic business.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, be commercially minded and have excellent analytical and financial modelling skills. The Project Finance Manager will have experience of or the ability to manage and develop a finance team and be committed to driving improvement to processes, controls and systems.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join a highly successful and growing international business who offer excellent opportunity for onward progression, career and personal development. The Project Finance Manager will be offered a highly competitive salary and a excellent flexible benefits package with active social calendar with events taking place throughout the year.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£250.00 - £300.00 per day
Senior Corporate Finance Manager
Finance Manager (FM)
£35000 - £40000 per annum + car all
Finance Manager - Family Office
bonus and benefits