York, North Yorkshire
18 days ago
The Project Accountant will ensure that all project accounting reporting requirements are met and that all activities within the finance reporting function are sufficiently performed, an area that is at the heart of developing the strategy of the business. The successful individual will business partner with senior stakeholders and will be involved in key decision making processes and driving the ongoing success of the business.
One of the world's leading design and manufacturing family owned businesses, based in York. The business are going through a period of significant growth and are looking for the most talented people to expand the first-class team and support the ongoing success of the business.
The Project Accountant (Finance Business Partner) will be responsible for:
- Liaise with Project/Department Managers with regards to all financial matters
- Coordinate with Operational teams the project cash flows on all major projects
- Weekly project reviews with Operational teams on performance information, forecasting and analysis on all significant projects
- Prepare and advise on monthly revenue recognition schedules
- Creating and supporting project cashflows with the help of Project Managers.
- Ensuring all project billing is up-to-date and in accordance with contractual requirements including ensuring appropriate paperwork / vesting documents are issued to the client
- Weekly reporting of progress on the chasing of aged debt overdues and outstanding project receipts
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a recognised accounting qualification
- Have a proven track record of business partnering, with the ability to influence and challenge stakeholders
- Project accounting experience (desirable)
- Sage 200 systems knowledge (desirable)
- Be pro-active, self-motivated and have a high level of enthusiasm
- Highly organised with a keen eye for detail and strong numeracy skills
- Must be flexible and adapt well to changing job requirements
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex and technical financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Be able to achieve greater collaboration between Finance and the Operational teams and develop and nurture relationships within the business