Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£26000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
8 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Project Manager/Accountant - Sheffield - Up to £32k+ 11%BONUS + GREAT BENEFITS
Your new company
A Project/Portfolio Manager/Accountant is required for a Government organisation who help to finance smaller UK Businesses, to join their dynamic and rapidly growing Project and Finance department.
Your new role
You will Manage key portfolio processes including financial monitoring and reporting, monitoring and reporting progress against the annual portfolio plan, planning and support the delivery of the group change plan and RAIDD log and supporting the senior change team (Change Director, Snr PMO Manager and Programme Managers) Roles & Responsibilities include:
* Develop and maintain key project management enablers (e.g., portfolio communication plan, organisation charts, issue, risk and decision logs, change request log etc)
* Identify, analyse and monitors project risk trends for reporting to Exco
* Maintain a comprehensive RAIDD log at portfolio level
* Provide first level quality assurance of all necessary work plans and related project management documentation
* Develop communications documents detailing implementation progress for Senior Leadership, Exco and team meetings
* Support implementation of PPM tool
* Aggregate project information from Programmes and Projects activity across the Group. Manually initially and using a PPM tool once it is implemented
* Monitor demand for resource and actual resource utilisation on projects across the Change portfolio
* Tracking project spend, and monitoring spend against budget and overall change budget monitoring
* Produce regular financial reports for the Change Function and ad hoc reports as requested
Liaise with the finance team to ensure month end, accruals and budget positions are managed effectively
What you'll need to succeed
You will need experience and knowledge of PPM tools and finance systems coupled with experience of setting up Purchase Orders and checking and processing invoices and similar financial processes whilst experience of using MS Office suite of programmes particularly Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
Previous working and managing PMP processes in a complex environment and working in a public sector financial environment or project environment is desirable.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a highly competitive salary of up to £32,000 + 11% Bonus, 38 days holiday and 15% pension contribution.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.