Private Client Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Private Client Tax Manager|
|Salary:||50000 - 60000|
|Contact Name:||Brendan Mare|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2018 10:50|
Menzies LLP is recruiting for a talented individual to be our new Private Client Tax Manager to be based from the London office. Reporting to the Private Client Tax Partner and Senior Partners in London, the Private Client Tax Manager role will be to support the partner in managing the private client tax team and also provide advisory & compliance services to clients.
Your primary role will be to manage the private client tax team, deliver tax planning and advisory services in relation to private clients (these could possibly include: Non Dom & International clients etc.). The objective is for the team to deliver a full consultative, compliance and planning service to individuals including optimising all private client tax reliefs during lifetime and on death.
The successful candidate will be CTA Qualified, a proven people manager and passionate about working with clients as this is vital for the role to be successful. The Private Client Tax Manager will be required to provide a high quality service to the Partners including making a positive contribution to the development of the Firm’s Private Client offering. Key to the role is an ability to grow the client base in this area. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, supervise trainees, newly qualified seniors and assistant managers and review their work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Assist colleagues with more complex enquiries.
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities.
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, developing referrer base.
- Contribute to effective team working as part of the management team.
- Coach and train trainees & newly qualified Seniors in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of the client portfolio in line with KPIs.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Current & relevant Private Client Tax experience - focused on SME sized clients.
- CTA qualified.
- Current & relevant experience of working in a Top 20 UK Accounting practice.
- High level of technical advisory expertise.
- Self starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong alignment to the Menzies BRIGHT values (Ambition, Collaboration, Integrity, Resilience, Imagination and Empathy).
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in Private Client tax planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Private Client Tax Manager (Advisory)
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Very generous benefits
Assistant Tax Manager - Private Client
£45750.00 - £51510.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Manager – Private Client Tax Advisory
50000 - 65000
Senior Manager – Private Client Tax Advisor
60000 - 85000
Private Client Tax Assistant
£20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum