42000 - 50000
18 days ago
Menzies LLP is actively looking to identify a very talented individual to be our new Private Client Tax Assistant Manager to be based from the London office. This is an important role within a growing and dynamic firm, the Assistant Manager will primarily be exposed to private clients dealing with compliance and helping with advisory tasks.
In addition to previous experience in a pure private client tax role working with SME clients in a mid-tier sized professional services environment, the ideal candidate will be CTA qualified, have proven people management skills within a mid-tier sized accounting firm and have excellent organisational skills, good attention to detail and the ability to build excellent working relationships. A professional and confidential approach is also vital.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily personal tax and private client tax role
- Manage a portfolio of mainly private client tax clients
- Take ownership of client relationships
- Undertake all compliance aspects associated with a portfolio of clients
- Assist senior team members with compliance work on their larger HNW clients
- Advise as required on tax technical issues and be involved in technical research
- Assist with wider compliance obligations of the tax team
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- ATT and CTA qualified
- Relevant SME client experience in personal (private client) tax is essential
- Current or recent experience working for a mid-tier sized UK accounting firm.
- Experience in trust tax will be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and provide excellent client care
- Ability to provide team support for the managers & partners in the private client tax team
- Proven capability of managing Seniors (newly qualified's) and trainees