£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
14 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
A permanent Pricing Analyst job paying £40-50k for a market-leading organisation based in Worcester.
£40,000-50,000 per annum
Mon-Fri (8-4 or 9-5) - flexibility offered around specific hours worked
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pricing Analyst to join a globally recognised organisation on a permanent basis. Based at their new offices in Worcester, you will be joining a leading manufacturer and supplier that has over 150 years of experience within their field.
With a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people, this company offers a diverse and supporting environment where you will grow personally and professionally learning from some of the most talented people in the industry.
Your new role
In this newly created role, your primary objective will be to create and capture value using innovative pricing strategies. Working closely with the sales and commercial teams, you will support in executing pricing strategies that ensure product and service profitability. The Pricing Analyst will leverage pricing analytics, competitive and marketing intelligence, win/loss information, customer trends and negotiating strategies.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Pricing analytics and value capture by performing ongoing analysis and running pricing models providing professional input and advice to stakeholders
- Enable the business to respond quickly to market conditions and competitors and capture pricing opportunities whilst executing pricing strategy and achieving business goals
- Implement and sustain a pricing committee, review pricing processes, models and tools by assigned business segment and channel
- Train colleagues by introducing best practices and technologies inside and outside of the company by proactively anticipating future pricing environments and trends, using data analysis tools to help internal stakeholders build pricing knowledge and insight
- Track performance and value capture, anticipating and reacting to market changes
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (Economics, Business, Finance etc.) with a preference for a focus in statistics and analysis
- Proven working experience in any of; pricing, revenue management, sales, commercial management, supply chain and business development
- FMCG or energy background (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of activity based costing
- An analytical mindset and comfortable with complex financials
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Formal process improvement experience in Lean Six Sigma (advantageous)
- Strong computer literacy - excellent working knowledge of SAP and Excel (Macros, Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will benefit from a fast-paced and stimulating international environment and outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world. Working in an open plan office with a strong team culture, you will receive a competitive salary and great benefits package which includes contributory pension, generous holiday allowance and onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.