£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Benefits
11 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Personal tax senior job with established Southampton accountancy practice
Your new firm
You will be working for a respected and well established firm of Chartered Accountants with over 30 years' experience of servicing businesses across the region.
Your new role
As a personal tax senior you will be involved in the following:
- Efficient and timely completion of personal and partnership Tax Returns
- Liaison with clients to ensure that they provide all information required for their Returns
- Effective working relationships with internal departments, HMRC and other third parties
- Accurate calculation of client tax liability
- Business generation through liaison with potential new clients
- Occasional requirement to assist with other types of Returns and technical projects as necessary to support the business
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate must be able to offer the following:
- CTA qualification preferable but not essential and/or a minimum of 3 years' working experience of Tax
- Strong teamworking skills
- The ability to work independently with confidence
- A methodical, organised and detailed approach to work, with high levels of accuracy and completeness
- An aptitude to juggle multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build strong working relationships with clients
- Working knowledge of Iris Accountancy software is desirable but not essential
What you'll get in return
In return, the successful applicant will receive a competitive salary and benefits including a bonus package, flexible working, employee and client introduction bonus as well as free on-site parking. The firm also offer a company pension scheme, life assurance, a cycle to work initiative, health screening, holiday trading and an advantage discount scheme. As part of the team, you will also be able to participate in many social events such as the annual Summer and Christmas parties, 6-a-side football games, go-karting, charity fun runs, golf afternoons and curry nights. The company takes corporate responsibility very seriously and supports local charities with numerous fundraising events each year.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.