£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
5 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
PERSONAL INSOLVENCY ASSISTANT MANAGER - TOP 20 ACCOUNTANCY FIRM - PERMANENT - £45,000 - £50,000 PER ANNUM
Your new company
Your new firm is a top UK accountancy practice and you will be based in the London, City office. The restructuring and recovery team of this practice advises a wide variety of clients, from individuals to companies and partnerships, in a range of industry sectors.
You will get to work with some of the leading professionals in the insolvency field who will help you build a career that may see you elevated to manager and beyond.
Your new role
Working in a friendly and motivated team, you will be responsible for a team of Personal Insolvency Assistants, Administrators and Senior Administrators, reporting directly to Directors and Partners with a view to progressing to manager.
- Deal with correspondence and any complaints from client
- Review diary lines
- Ensure IP case reviews are carried out monthly
- Regularly review and give feedback on work and ensure team reviews are carried out
- Manage own portfolio of clients (where appropriate)
- Accompany directors or Partners to initial client meetings (where appropriate)
- Allocate, supervise and review work of staff members, ensuring work is complete and all review points addressed before it is passed to the Partner or manager
- Ensure statutory deadlines are met
- Monitor work in progress on all jobs within the portfolio, communicating any potential problems and write off's to the Partners or managers attention on a timely basis
- Occasional advisory work
- Communicate any potential problems or complaints to Insolvency Practitioners (IP's) on a timely basis
What you'll need to succeed
- CPI qualified or similar
- At least 4 years' experience of dealing with all types of recovery procedures
- Computer packages - Excel, Word, IPS and SAGE (desirable)
- Supervisory experience - ability to manage and delegate effectively
- Client focus and commercially aware
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organisation skills - the ability to juggle a number of different tasks at once
- Good time management
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be positive and committed
What you'll get in return
Genuine Work-Life Balance both supported by and built into firm culture. The firm is highly committed to developing staff throughout their career.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days a year (plus bank holidays) and you can buy or sell up to 5 days
- 1% pension match scheme and life assurance x4 salary
- Full suite of other benefits
- Study support for JIEB
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.