Part-time Cost Accountant
|Job Title:||Part-time Cost Accountant|
|Salary:||£30000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||May Travis|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2018 17:52|
Great opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a leading manufacturing business. Work in the European team and add-value to the business through your strong analytical and commercial skills.
Our client is a leading, international manufacturing organisation who work with some of the world's most iconic brand.
- Provision of the function Monthly Reporting Pack to the Vice Presidents and Directors along with individual Cost Centre Managers for a portfolio of functions including explanations of variances to budget in appropriate detail by cost centre on or before working day eight for both revenue and capital expenditure. This will include analysis across up to three to five functions and approximately 250 co-workers including one of the two IT functions.
- Preparation and submission of the Monthly Management Reporting to Group Controlling from SAP to HFM for each management entity in accordance with group instruction and timetable.
- Management of the Delegation of Authority Matrix across the business using the electronic Vendor Invoice Management application ("VIM") including the coordination with the other Corporate Cost Accountants.
- Working with the Corporate cost assistant to support and cover the review and processing of monthly hosting charges from plants across Europe and the Americas. Prompt follow up and error resolution with primary responsibility for RnD costs on an ongoing basis.
- Coordination across the team to ensure that the consolidated accrual and prepayment upload file for Employment and third party costs is processed in accordance with the timetable.
- Review and support the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation process on a timely and accurate manner to maintain good financial discipline. The will include the preparation and maintenance of the MIP Tracker tool in Excel.
- Management and monitoring of ongoing relationship with the UK SSC including cost recharges from the General Ledger and Accounts Payable Teams along with Accounts Receivable issues.
- Monitoring and follow up of day to day activities on SAP to maintain data integrity.
- Management of the recharge cost centre including monthly billing of hosted co-workers to other locations within the business.
- Assist in the coordination of the Budget and Forecasting process across the cost centre portfolio.
- Other ad hoc activities as required by the Accounting Manager including publication of monthly KPI's.
Main Knowledge, Competencies and Qualities Required:
- Qualified Accountant.
- Good knowledge of IT applications especially SAP and Hyperion Financial Management.
- Good understanding of the workings of a shared service finance function and international organisation.
- Be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills across financial and non financial managers.
- Experience of the workings for a central corporate financial operation is preferred.
- Intermediate excel skills.
- Self motivated
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
Competitive Basic + benefits
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits and career prospects
Chichester, West Sussex
Superb benefits package
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£26000.00 - £29000.00 per annum