£50,000 - £70,000 annual equivalent
15 days ago
Title:New Energies Finance Advisor: World Leading Global Energy Oil Company
Rate:c£30.97 Per Hour / c£47,500 annual equivalent
Duration:6 Months - Temp to Perm
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a New Energies Finance Advisor. This role will involve partnering the business in establishing business models, commercial decision making, risk management and performance management, providing transparency and enabling business performance through focus on core finance skills of treasury, tax and accounting.
The Advisor connects with all areas including Finance in Downstream, Treasury, Group Reporting, Controllers, Tax, FTM and P&T.
• Deliver innovative strategic, tactical and operational solutions applying a strong commercial lens.
• Support the commercialization of New Energies opportunities evaluating complex techno economics and significant financial and non-financial risks to drive the direction and growth of the portfolio.
• Commercial deal structuring, contract negotiation and implementation including those involving M&A and/or corporate finance transactions working with external partners and M&A team.
• Bring the right balance of support and challenge to influence value-based decisions whilst maintaining independence.
• Create new and maintain existing value through driving performance management within the New Energies portfolio including planning, reporting and appraisal, and cost leadership working closely with the NE planning and appraisal manager.
• Ensure an appropriate governance and assurance environment is maintained within the New Energies organization and activities.
• Support external finance interfaces and manage the complex commercial issues with future JVs and Partnerships.
• Professional finance qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent.
• 8+ years relevant finance experience, M&A and corporate finance experience preferred.
• Experience of working in a highly dynamic, or start up environment, providing direction and structure, and managing change.
• Strong business partnering and stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and model opportunities identifying and managing risk and trading off risk vs. reward.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.