|Job Title:||Manufacturing Accountant|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2019 18:18|
Hays Senior Finance are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced manufacturing accountant for a well established manufacturing business in Gloucester which is part of a larger group, with several sites across the UK and Europe. This is an exciting time for the business as they have appointed a new strong senior management team within finance to help continue driving the business forward.
Reporting straight into the Head of Finance with a dotted line into operations, you will be working closely with the factory in terms of operations and costs to drive business performance and profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:-
- Supporting the FP&A Finance Manager with responsibilities of putting together robust plans and drive the output of these plans while delivering Financial Accounting projects based on the current business changes
- Delivering a set of robust month end figures
- To deliver a monthly Flash indicating month end expectations partway through the month
- To plan and coordinate a full year budget
- To complete manage, challenge and review any capex or short term project requests
- To assist the Finance Director on strategic projects.
- Drive towards improved balance sheet control and review.
- Maintain focus on gold standards of safety at all times, constantly vigilant and pro-active in respect of recognising and reporting hazards, ensuring high levels of awareness, and taking a continuous improvement approach to the working environment
- Continuously seek to add value, improve efficiency and reduce wastage adopting lean principles wherever appropriate.
- Any other duties that are considered to be within the capability of the job holder that may be required from time to time.
To be successful for this role you MUST have the following skills and attributes:-
- Qualified ACA, ACCA CIMA Accountant
- Experience within Professional Practice & Industry would be beneficial.
- Experience of HMRC & other government bodies. (VAT, PAYE etc) Keen eye for detail & organised
- Up to date knowledge of UK & International GAAP.
- Experience of consolidated accounts ideal
- Strong costing background with manufacturing would be benifitical
- Sage 200 knowledge.
The business has gone through a period of growth and positive change over the last 6 months and promises exciting times ahead. They are looking at moving into new markets and current product innovation to capitalise on their already leading market share. This is therefore an exciting time to join the business and the firm will be able to offer the successful individual a promising career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.