£40000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
9 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Audit Manager / Senior Audit Manager job with accountancy firm in Royston. Genuine potential for partnership
Hays Practice is recruiting for an established Accountancy Practice based in Royston.
Our client is seeking an ACA / ACCA qualified accountant, who is both highly motivated and technically strong and able to develop the audit team within the practice. Genuine opportunity to progress to partnership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading and managing all audit, accountancy, taxation and work-related requirements for the firms audit clients
- Schedule, plan, fieldwork and completion of audit assignments
- Lead, manage and develop the team
- Researching and proposing technical and audit issues, and presenting solutions to the team and clients
- Communicate audit findings to senior management and clients, ensuring observations are supported by appropriate evidence and issues are articulated clearly
- Prioritise and manage the team's workload to meet deadlines
- Responsible for day to day communication with clients, including answering queries and being the first point of contact
- Responsible for financial scope of managing the client portfolio including raising fees and control of recoverability etc.
- Determine and agree value added recommendations, monitor management responses and implementation to ensure appropriate closure
- Think strategically about the client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Travel to clients across the region
- Demonstrating an understanding of and empathy for the client's business through wider commercial knowledge
- Motivated to continue self-development to take on additional tasks and learn new skills to enhance the practices ability to expand its service offering
Education and Work Experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 3 years minimum experience of working in a multi partner accountancy practice
- Proficient at Microsoft office especially Excel
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages e.g. IRIS, Xero, Sage, QuickBooks etc
- Excellent salary and benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.